Brief summary of my past few days…
-Started doing HIIT training again (If you’re busy like I am, I highly recommend it because it doesn’t take up a ton of your time, but delivers an intense, full body workout).
-Crafted some more
-Got hired as a teller at Wells Fargo down here in Columbia!
-Cleaned my apartment from top to bottom, then messed it up again when I dumped out my craft box.
BUT now for the actual meaning of this post…. 30 things I know to be true.
1. You may feel more productive waking up early, but you will feel more rested if you let your body sleeeeeeeeep.
2. There is nothing more hellacious than summer classes because all you want to do is tan and earn money and all you can do is earn money and write papers.
3. Everyone should work a retail job at some point in their life. I promise you, the lessons you will learn are innumerable. Make sure it’s a store you frequent, because the discounts don’t hurt.
4. There are some things that its okay to cheap out on; milk, dishwaser detergent, bread. There are some things that is is NOT EVER okay to cheap out on; bras/swim suits, jeans, foundation.
5. When you find what you’re passionate about, doing it won’t bother you.
6. You will get pulled over. You will get speeding tickets. And it is okay.
7. It is not okay to argue with the cop. Always be nice, they may drop it drop it low on the spot, and lessen your fine.
8. If you plan to get bangs, plan on partaking in the upkeep they require, and how much of a committment they are. I got mine and regretted them the next day.
9. It’s okay to have the next five years planned when you’re 20. It’s also okay not to have the next five days planned when you’re 20.
10. Watch your mother; what she drinks, what she wears, how she acts. Mine taught me to love sandals, being tan (but also wearing sunscreen), and that moscato is delicious. She obviously taught me more, but that is for another post.
11. If you plan on buying something online, check Amazon first. No tax, free shipping, and things are usually cheaper anyway. Jack Rogers sandals retail for about $108-$138. I got mine on Amazon for under $90, free shipping and no tax.
12. Groupon is awesome too. Many a dates (that would have otherwise been unattainable) have been had because of Groupon.
13. Get on authority figure’s good sides. Come grading time, your professor may be more apt to round up for a student who was super nice to them. Proof: I brought my economics professor diet coke before the final, ended up with a B+. I will never know how. I would love to say because of my diligent studying, but I cannot tell a lie. Econ is tough, and my grades reflected it, until that point.
14. Any arguments along the lines of “Who’s favorite sports team is better” are simply un-winnable. Trust me.
15. Target is your best friend. And if it isn’t, it should be.
16. If there is not one song that evokes tears, you’re doing life wrong.
17. Friends will tell you you’re making a mistake and shun you for it. True friends will tell you you’re making a mistake, and still support you.
18. Michael Kors watches are a fad. Leggings are not.
19. If you watch a disney movie on Netflix, the next time you sign in, you will be asked if it’s you or your kids watching.
20. Knowing a little bit about where you’re from is important. I don’t mean the state you were born, I mean your heritage.
21. You can accomplish literally anything. If I can overcome a shopping addiction/crappy credit score, you can do whatever you set your mind to.
22. Manners are severely underrated. Nobody notices if you have them until you don’t use them.
23. People from the North have just as many manners as people from the south, and that is NOT up for discussion.
24. Mistakes are expensive, both figuratively and literally. Learn from other’s mistakes.
25. ABC Family will not ever come out with a worth while TV series.
26. Ask and you shall receive. Also, the I before E rule is such crap.
27. Green Tea frappuccinos are absolutely terrible.
28. So are most movies that skip the theaters and go right to DVDs.
29. I regret getting an American made car.
30. A good cheeseburger is also severely underrated.